1. The trellis is a handy device for augmenting the growing area in your garden or just showcasing some vines anywhere on your property. You really can't go wrong.
2. Any trellis will do a great job with vines and other greenery, but for double function, consider a wider fan trellis and use it for privacy. It doesn't look like you're telling neighbors to mind their own business, and it works.
3. Planter box trellises combine more functional gardening than a traditional trellis. Wherever you put it, though, be sure to fasten it securely, as they will be a bit heavier.
4. Iron trellises and metal trellises are very sturdy and, because they are typically thinner, catch less wind than a wood or vinyl trellis. Consider these options if you are thinking of a free standing trellis unprotected from elements.
5. As is always the case, the vinyl option requires the least maintenance and effectively keeps its finish forever. If you like things to always look new or live in harsh weather conditions, this is probably your best option.
6. An obelisk trellis is a free-standing piece that allows for 3-dimensional growth. They are perfect for vines, of course, but also work great for showcasing just about anything that grows.
7. Wood is an old classic and should never be discounted. Our offerings in wood trellises vary in size from 5-feet wide to very narrow, with quite a bit of variation in wood, styles, and function.
8. Copper trellises are universally considered pretty gorgeous. We agree. However, understand that unless you are happy with the soft verdigris patina that copper assumes with age, it might not be the best choice for you. Maintaining the original look is possible, but it may be more time than you are willing to commit.
9. Corner trellises offer a versatile tool to highlight an unoccupied corner on your patio or deck or simply the corner of your garden. Often they are featured with a planter at the base, as well.
10. A garden trellis projects an image of homey good cheer and welcome. Whichever you decide on, know that it will improve your home and garden.